Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

FYI - Black Forest Bear Clock "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Stephanie O'Neil
posted
Did you know Black Forest Bear Clocks made in the 19th & 20th century as tourist souvenirs are valued in today's market between $3,500. and $4,500? Confused Any members own a Black Forest Bear Clock? Confused Roll Eyes

Stephanie O'Neil
NAWCC Member 143979

Posts: 1419 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana USA | Registered: April 01, 2003
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Hi, What is a Bear Clock? And what does one look like? GED. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
posted
Hi Gerald,

A Black Forest Bear Clock was recently featured on "Collectible Treasures" HGTV. It's a finely detailed carving of a black bear with a clock along side, clock measuring I would guess approximately 5" to 6" in diameter, sold in the 19th and 20th century as a tourist souvenir. Those who held on to them can fetch between $3,500 to $4,500 according to the show. Eek Eek

Stephanie O'Neil
NAWCC Member 143979

Picture of Andy Krietzer
posted
If you go here and click on "bear collection" in the left column, you can see a smaller new one for $40.

Andy Cool

Member of Chapters 168 and 185.

Posts: 1190 | Location: Indiana in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 25, 2002
posted
Hey Andy,

Thanks for the link. Smile I pulled it up but what I was referring to is quite different from that pic. In your pic, the bear is bronzed whereas regarding those 19th & 20th century ones, the bear is intricately carved wood and is in a standing position. Eek Roll Eyes I may try to research it and come up with a pic.

Stephanie O'Neil
NAWCC Member 143979

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Stephanie,
I know I have seen a jpicture or two of this type of clock. I have scoured my books and am coming up with nothing. I did a web search and have not come up with anything yet. But I know I have seen it........It's going to drive me nuts.......

Tom Seymour
NAWCC #41293
IHC #104
IHC Exec.V.P.

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Tom S,

I know what you mean. Eek I tried to find the clock on the internet and, to not avail. Frown

Sorry. Frown Frown

Hopefully, one of our members may have an antique Black Forest Bear Clock and will be kind enough to post a picture for all to see. Smile

Stephanie O'Neil
NAWCC Member 143979

Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Hi You old Colonials, This Bear clock info' is very important, my daughter is coming homein SEPT'
and I want her to scour the flea markets and find me one ,so come up with the goods quickly , I should tell you she is based in Germany, hence the possible chance of finding one, if only I knew what one looked like. GED. Smile Smile

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
posted
Hey Gerald, looks like no takers yet.

Hey out there, does anyone have a picture of a Black Forest Bear Clock to post for the curious and the stressed? Big Grin Roll Eyes

Stephanie O'Neil
NAWCC Member 143979

posted
Is this any good?

Posts: 267 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
No Mike, that's a bronze and a newie. I'm talking about a wooden intricately carved bear in a standing position, holding a clock to the right from the 19th and 20th century. Sorry, nice try. Big Grin

Anyone else? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Can someone provide a pick of what we are looking for?
Confused

Stephanie O'Neil
NAWCC Member 143979

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted
That's OK Mike, I like your clock.

Say, she really know what she wants, aye?

Big Grin Wink Razz Cool Roll Eyes Eek Confused

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Hey fellas,

I was trying to help Gerald out as he wants a pic so his daughter can scour the markets of Europe for one. Wouldn't we all like to get that deal! Tom Seymour is wanting to see a pic as he said "it's driving me nuts." He's checked his books and searched the web but comes up empty-handed.

I already know what the clock looks like!
Big Grin Razz

Stephanie O'Neil
NAWCC Member 143979