Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Seiko 7S26-02F0 Crystal and Bezel Problem "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Trying to find someone who can re-seat the crystal and bezel on this Seiko. I've got a new crystal installed, but it is not completely re-seated. And the bezel gasket will need to be replaced.
Can anyone here do this job for me? Or have the proper gaskets?
So, all I want you to do is re-seat the crystal, (it's a 29.0 X 1mm sapphire crystal, not Seiko), And also to supply and replace the bezel gasket. 86178750 part no.

All of the Seiko part numbers are here: http://boley.de/en/case-parts/seiko/21347

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
did you measure the old crystal as sometimes the new one will be bit bigger and will not sit correctly thus prevent the bezel to click in.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Yes, I sure did. I got 29.0 mm exactly. And the part no. for that crystal is 290P01LN03. As I understand it the first three digits is the metric measurement. And I measured the old crystal and got the same number. I could live with the crystal as is, (if I have to), but still need the bezel gasket.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
A few days ago, someone here posted that they had a variety of Seiko parts on hand. But I've not been able to find that post.

Dave Turner

Picture of Thomas M. Cusack
posted

Posts: 175 | Location: New Hampshire in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2015
posted
Also I think the post you are looking for was a Seiko sold by Denise Ferrara there are comments there about a crystal. Hope this helps

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Thanks Tom for the help. I've looked at that Esslinger site, but can't be sure I'd order the correct gasket. I'd be glad to send it to someone who can handle it.

I'll search Denise postings again.

Dave Turner

posted

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Thanks again Tom, Still haven't found that posting on the crystals.
I'll take a look at this site.

Dave Turner

Picture of Dan Carter
posted
Hey Dave,
I think Esslinger would be your best bet. I have found replacement gaskets before from them. I would use crystal gaskets for your bezel since it is a nylon one (that is what the last Seiko I worked on used. Rotating bezels usually are made of rubber). If you have a micrometer that would help in determining the thickness, and height of the bezel gasket you will need and you can also use it to figure out the diameter you will need. I usually end up buying the size I measured as well as the one in front of, or behind that size because the gaskets are not always exact or the the watch is a bit off in measurement to the gasket. They are pretty cheap though.

Also when it comes to aligning the crystal with your press, make sure that the crystal is level before pressing and that the gasket is seated good. I have broken a few crystals by trying to get them to seat without ensuring thugs are aligned correctly. I have not seated sapphire ones though. Make sure that the press attachment you use is the hollow one, not the solid one. That way the pressure is applied to the sides of the crystal rather than the center.

The same concept should be used for the bezel to get it installed properly. Here are some good videos and tips from Esslinger. They have a few more tips and info. I have contacted them before via email with the watch and what info / part numbers I needed and they were very good about helping out and providing suggestions.

Crystal installation

Hope this helps.

Dan

Posts: 407 | Location: Northern Virginia in the USA | Registered: October 08, 2011
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Thanks Dan,
Really do appreciate the detailed answer you've provided. I have done a lot of research on parts and crystals regarding this watch. I did order a sapphire crystal from Esslinger. It's a 29mm and exactly matched the original 290P01LN03 that came in the watch. I understand Seiko crystals have a slight bevel on the bottom edge to accommodate easier installation.

I made probably 8 or 10 attempts at inserting this crystal with my G-S crystal press. It does have hollow centers and I applied as much pressure as I was able to, but each time I tried one side of the crystal would tip slightly and then would not seat entirely. Right now it's 90% seated all the way around, but won't quite bottom out on one side. I used the original gasket. That's most likely one problem.

I have found all the factory part numbers, and also a source for the original factory parts for the crystal gasket, bezel gasket and a factory crystal if I need it. But I'm hesitant to spend any more money on this average watch unless I can be sure it can all be put together.

Right now I don't feel confident to attempt it.

Dave Turner