Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Wyler bumper "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Gary E. Foster
posted
A few pics of this Wyler watch I piked up this week. Smaller size watch, maybe a youth model. Looks pretty nice I think, Seller stated non running, but I opened it, a front loader, with lots of scuffing on the back where others have tryed to pry the back off, and it's running right along. Any comments, opinions ?

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007
posted
Dial out of case.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007
posted
Movement. By the way I removed the sweep second hand as it was loose on pinion.

posted
I know it's not a Patek or an Omega, but still a nice older watch, I'd like to have at least a ballpark age, I'm thinking 1940s to early 1950s . Been looking on the net, saw a similar watch, movement looked the same, with a black dial. Case appears to be stainless steel,, 30 mm diameter, excluding crown, 36 mm including lugs.

IHC Life Member
posted
OK dumb question of the day--how does a bump wind work?

Posts: 995 | Location: Pleasanton, California in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2012
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
hi Evan : the rotor does not go all the way around or spin freely ,it just bumps the winding gears ahead a bit at a time,sort of like an old car jack ratchet,hence the BUMPER nickname Wink

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009