• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Croton Aquamedico "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I am restoring this small writstwatch which I belive is dated around 1940s it has the following stamped on the outside of the back "AM4 68414" probably not by the manufacturer. Does anyone know the significance of this notation? could it be military?

And while I'm on my feet, so to speak, I'm looking for a scrap Pierce 134 chrono movement - I need a balance cock can any one help?

Clive Driscoll

Posts: 264 | Location: Westbrook, United Kingdom | Registered: June 15, 2007
posted
Clive,
The "A M" in the nomenclature sure seems likely to be interpreted as aqua-medico. By your description I might bet it is military but, A pic of this inscription would help. I have an Aqua-Medico dialed uncased movement at the office not doing me any good. Let me know if you need parts.
-Cort
p.s. I just reread this post and noticed (I'm slow) your request for a Pierce 134 balance cock. I've got that too but, there are variations in these. Pics would help. Feel free to email me.-C

Posts: 536 | Location: El Cerrito, California U.S.A. | Registered: October 04, 2004
posted
What can I say,
Brilliant comes to mind! I thought the chances of getting a pierce balance cock were virtually nil, and I more or less didn't like to ask. - certainly shows the benefits of a forum like this.

I'll sort out some pics over the weekend and get them e-mailed to you.

posted
Cort

Could I have your e-mail address? Mine is clive.driscoll@which.net and I'll send off the pics