Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Buffing "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1063
posted
Is it better to live with the scratches on a stainless steel watch case or buff them out?

How do you go about buffing stainless steel?

Thanks,
Dana

Posts: 242 | Location: Massachusetts in the USA | Registered: February 07, 2008
posted
Hi Dana, I like to buff or polish my Stainless cases when they get to scratched.
I use this with my polishing wheel. Go to the Vigor site and you can check out which one might work best for you. For stainless I believe it's the White, Yellow and Green compounds that work well.
Also, You can use 1600 grit wet/dry sandpaper to lightly sand out any deep scratches and then polish it out from there.

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
posted
Sometimes, I will use the sandpaper to sand out the scratches and leave the top portion of the case with the sanded (almost frosted look) and polish the sides of the case to a high shine. Gives it a nice two-toned look.

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
posted
You might be able to see the contrast between the polish/sanded parts in this picture a bit better

IHC Member 1063
posted
You do nice work, Ray. Thanks for all that information.

Posts: 242 | Location: Massachusetts in the USA | Registered: February 07, 2008