• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Goering Single Button Chronograph "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I am looking for information on this watch, about the company, and period of production. I can find limited reference to the company, and nothing directly on this single button chronograph. Any information would be appreciated. Case measures 33.3mm.

Posts: 353 | Location: Nichols, New York in the USA | Registered: April 04, 2010
posted
Goering movement

Posts: 353 | Location: Nichols, New York in the USA | Registered: April 04, 2010
posted
Case back

Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Ken is there any markings under balance wheel?
I see some marking under one gold wheel but can't read it looks like late 40s/50s production sweet watch.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
Ken,

That looks like a nicely finished Valjoux 23 from around 1940. It also appears that the dial has an early refinished and was done completely by hand.

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
posted
I will check under the balance wheel today.

posted
Under the wheel at 9 o'clock is "15 Jewels". There is nothing under the balance wheel. I was told by a local collector that this watch might have been bade sometime between the world wars. Is that possible?