• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Group shot of watches I got this year "Click" to Login or Register 
posted

Here are most of the wrist watches I got this year.It will be a slow year next year since I am retiring from my job.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Mike nice group of watches i realy like the benrus divers watch.. Smile

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
A very nice group of wrist watches, Mike, Indeed....

Thanks for letting us see them....

Regards,
Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
posted
Samie
I see you are a watch maker.Is it true that the Benrus is a tough watch to work on due to the only way to get to the movement is by removing the crystal (solid case) and some times the stem I hear is tricky some people call it the weak link.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Mike the older Benrus military watches are no problem too repair but the Benrus divers watch like you have is a different story these are waterproof and as you said a solid case..The crystal is all but impossable too find and they are unique too the watch..the bezel is sealed with a o ring and metal commpresion ring ..I have heard that the stems are bad too break they are a 2 piece female stem ..the movement is a eta hack set 17 jewel. Smile

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
posted
Samie

A very nice collection !

Here is a link that should be helpful:

How to get inside a Benrus

Regards,
Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
posted
Nice collection Mike! If you ever decide to part with the Tudor Snowflake or the Doxa pm me or shoot me an e-mail

Thanks for letting us see your collection.

Wally

Posts: 16 | Location: Cypress, California in the USA | Registered: October 04, 2009
IHC Life Member
Watchmaker
Picture of Scott Cerullo
posted
Nice Doxa. I think that I am going to get one of those for myself.

Posts: 1033 | Location: Northeast Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: June 02, 2003
posted
Hi Scott
I got it for a good price off ebay it's a limited edition TUSA blue dial Doxa.Here is Doxa web site a lot of cool looking watches I like the PVD military version.
http://www.doxawatches.com/collection.htm