Tools
Reply to Post

Well I Took the Plunge . . . "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Ten years of collecting pocket watches, then six months a member of IHC and I'm branching out into collecting wristwatches already -- here are my first two acquisitions:

1. Bulova Accutron 214 in solid 14K (bezel & back), circa 1962.

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
2. Bulova Accutron 218 day/date in stainless, circa 1970. This one has the day at 12 o'clock and the date at 6 o'clock -- most others I have seen have a single window with both day and date.

BTW, neither of these watches has the "correct" Accutron buckle. I spent $550 on both of the above watches, which have been freshly overhauled and adjusted. Was that OK or too much?

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
Ed, You are really hooked now. Just gives you much more to look at and search for.

As for price, You are probably right on the money. You certainly didn't get ripped. They both look to be in great shape.

Tom