Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Turkish Election Taxi ????? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi All,

Does anyone know anything about the maker of this watch movement or who the maker is associated with?

Also, can anyone ID the script on the dial, looks to be either Turkish or Urdu, but I'm clueless really about this!

The movement is a very nice looking job for the era, and has a stylistic (lower case) 'e' stamped below the balance which I believe is Election.

Also marked - 2 adjustments, plus 'Taxi' on the winding wheel.
An unusual feature of the movement, are the gold chatons that the train jewels are set in, which is similar in style to that employed by Cortebert and Rolex in their pocket watch movements.

The wire lug case is nickel chrome, has a screw on bezel, and holds the movement in a deep sink.

The dial is enamel, with text 'Chronometre' 'Taxi' with the script I'd appreciate deciphering in red in between.

Any help appreciated.

Best regards

John

Taxi watch

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006
posted
Movement - which looks a bit less beat up than the dial!

J.W.

Taxi Movement

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006