Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Accutron servicing "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Does anyone here work on or do basic servicing for Accutrons like model 214 or 218 models?

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
https://www.accutrons.com/about
https://www.mybob.net/
Im not sure if any one here are left there was one guy I forgot his name .

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Thanks, Peter! You ever dealt with any of these folks?

Regard! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
posted
no I have not .

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Thanks again, Peter! According to the business directory, it looks like it might have been Scott Cerullo, but his linked website no longer exists.You purchased a crystal from him for an Accutron 'back in the day'. Wink

Anyone in the 185 service them now? All I need is a regular service for my running 214. It hasn’t been serviced/lubed since 2007 but runs fine and still keeps great time.

I just don’t want it locking up on me from not being serviced, and I’d rather deal with one of our own if possible.

Thanks again!

posted
that's him Scott C.

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Wonder what happened to him? Confused

Regard! Mark

IHC Member 1338
posted
Mark;

My WW guy is a certified Accutron tech, he can do it
That is IF you dont need any parts. If all you need is a basic cleaning that's no problem and he is good.

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
That's all I need, Tom. A regular cleaning/service. It's running fine and keeping time now. I just wasn't aware how LONG it has been since it was last serviced, and they recommend them being serviced at least every 6 years or they grind themselves to death.

It's been since 2008 since mine was last done, so it's a bit over due.

Who is it and how do I proceed? Should I send it through you? Inquiring minds want to know!

IHC Member 1338
posted
Mark;

Let me ask him. You have to go thru me as he works out of a jewelry store and only takes trade repairs from dealers. I think last one he did
service on was $90. May want to wait a few weeks
as we're goin to FL on the 15th. Let me know if that'll work.

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Works fine for me, and thanks Tom! No hurry at all, and I really appreciate it!

Just let me know here or drop me an email when you can. Smile

Regard! Mark

IHC Member 1338
posted
Will do Mark. I've got 30 or so in my accutron collection, everything from a basic old 214 to a RR Approved 218 Mk IV, I am dreading pulling these out, all will need service and I'm sure more than one will probably need a coil, index wheel, etc etc
One big OUCH I'm not looking forward to

You are right about needing to keep these serviced,
if you run them for years they will get dirty just like any other watch, and if the coil keeps grinding away before you know it you'll need an index wheel as well. Those are one of the first things to get chewed up. Price one of those bad boys if you can even find one.

I'll be in touch, we'll get yours clean n hummin

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Thanks, Tom! Big Grin

I have my Dad's 218 that he got for 25 years service at Goodyear Atomic Corporation back in the 1980's that he wore sparingly, then put back.

I don't run it, as it's an absolute PAIN to replace the battery, where my 214 is a cinch to replace the battery....so the 214 is the one I keep running and wear when it comes up in the rotation.

Regards! Mark

IHC Member 1613
posted
Mark,
There is a group called The Accutron Collectors...There are several fellows on there that work on them..There is a fellow on there Andrew Price from Monroe, NC that is highly recommended for Accutron repair...I sent him one watch that I had another fellow clean and service but never would run right...I had sent it back to him several times with no success...I sent it to Andrew and in a few days he had fixed the problem...That is the only personal experience I have had with him...I am getting ready to send him another for more work...Gary

Posts: 2006 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Thanks, Gary!

Regards! Mark