Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

WHO MADE THIS WATCH? SOMEONE MUST KNOW??? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Roddy J. Brunton
posted
It has a 25J INCABLOC AUTOMATIC movement - this image is of the logo on the dial just below the 12:00 marker. Also, the date window is at 4:30 instead of 3:00

Roddy JB

Posts: 1386 | Location: Richmond, British Columbia in Canada | Registered: January 07, 2009
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
ETA???
How about a picture of the movement.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
IHC Life Member
posted
I'll get a pic of the movement - wouldn't hurt to know that as well. It is an ETA movement cal 2452 albeit somewhat dirty.
No more pics, this is the challenge now. Smile
Rod

Roddy JB

Posts: 1386 | Location: Richmond, British Columbia in Canada | Registered: January 07, 2009
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Hamilton?

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
IHC Life Member
posted
I suppose it could be Dave, but I have never seen a Hamilton with anything like whats left of the logo on the dial.
Regards, Rod

Roddy JB

posted
there is a calibre under the balance, what does it say? 2452?

Posts: 5101 | Location: Buffalo, New York in the USA | Registered: November 11, 2009
IHC Life Member
posted
Yes Andy, movement is an ETA 2452 as per ther 3rd post... Smile
Rod

Roddy JB

posted
so most likely a nice swiss maker put it together, class movement.

Posts: 5101 | Location: Buffalo, New York in the USA | Registered: November 11, 2009
IHC Life Member
posted
Yes ETA supplies movements to many makers - it is the maker of this one i am trying to figure out.
Rod

Roddy JB

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
The hallmark appears to be what's left of an elongated diamond with the name inside?

Dave Turner

IHC Life Member
posted
Possibly yes but what name, that is the question?
Rod Smile

Roddy JB

IHC Life Member
posted
Looking at it now, I don't think it was a diamond shape, wouldn't the low point of the diamond have likely been centered under the 12:00 marker seen at the top?

Roddy JB

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
You're probably right, but the only picture we have here is the first one posted. How about some more pictures to give some perspective of size?

Dave Turner

IHC Life Member
posted
new pic - hope this helps.

Roddy JB

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Zenith!

Dave Turner

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Roddy,
Did we ever identify this watch?

Dave Turner

Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Check this out.

ETA SA Manufacture Horlogère Suisse (ETA SA Swiss Watch Manufacturer) designs and manufactures quartz watches and both hand-wound and automatic-winding mechanical ébauches and movements. Commonly referred to as ETA, the company is headquartered in Grenchen, Switzerland and is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Swatch Group Ltd.

Though ETA was founded by Eterna in 1856 some part of its production line can be traced back to the 1793 founding of Fabriques d’Horlogerie de Fontainemelon (FHF) by David Benguerel, Isaac Benguerel, François Humbert-Droz and Julien Humbert-Droz.

Although ETA specializes in ébauches, ETA is capable of making all components necessary for a completed watch and is therefore considered a manufacture d'horlogerie. ETA movements and ébauches are used both in watches of other Swatch Group subsidiary brands and in the watches of competitors.

Through a series of mergers, ETA has become the largest manufacturer of Swiss watch movements and controls a virtual monopoly over their production and supply. ETA has undergone several Swiss government investigations due to its market position. To resolve the concerns of Swiss government regulators, ETA has entered into an agreement that governs certain business practices.

I also have to admit that it also looks like the movement of the self winding Elgin. The only automatic ever made in the USA. I think the Swiss ended up with it too. I don't have mine on this computer so I can't show a photo of it.

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks very much.

Roddy JB