Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

CITIZEN AUTOMATIC EAGLE 21 JEWELS "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Just bought this Citizen. Took a chance on it because it was cheap. But I see a couple of red flags. The hands don't appear to be correct, and the dial has no visible markings below the six o'clock position. And the date window looks a little suspect too. The more I look the more I see wrong. It has a back indicating stainless, which I think refers to the case which appears to be base metal??

So, until I get it, wonder if you all can tell me if it's legit?

Dave Turner

Posts: 1978 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
back side

Dave Turner

Posts: 1978 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
another view

Dave Turner

Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Just by looking on few on ebay I say yes its all wrong like you mention.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Thanks Peter, About what I thought. Well, we see what it does when I get it. At face value it's a decent looking watch. And for The $15 I paid it won't hurt too bad. Might get lucky and have an everyday watch I can use.

Dave Turner

posted
for $15 you did good as is and if it does have the right/correct movement in it you good for another 5 years.

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
That's what I thought. For what it is, I don't care if it's original as long as it's dependable. Well wait and see on that part. Can't wait to take the back off! I think it might be an 8200. Would that be a hacking movement?

Dave Turner

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Well, I think I found out why it was so cheap. Should have known better. Oh well. It does run! Confused

Dave Turner

posted
DG2803 that is $30 movement but believe it or not
those are not that bad movements.

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Thanks Peter, Maybe I did get my money's worth!!

I was joking about your "junk yard" parts! Hope you understood that.

Dave Turner

posted
completely no issue,I have made best watches from junk parts .