Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

WHAT DID THEY DO TO THIS ONE? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted
The maker was "A LeCoultre" now look closer...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
posted
Serial number 212 and, NOW IT'S A TIE TACK...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Lindell,
I found out where these came from.
In the September,1958 issue of American Horologist and Jeweler there is an ad for cuff links made out of old movements.I assume they mede tie tacs too.The price for cuff links was $1.50 a pr if you bought a dozen pair.
Two shapes, round and rectangular.White or yellow plating.
From Pacific Jewelers Supply in Los Angeles.
J Smith

Old Geezer #99

Posts: 188 | Location: Warrenton, North Carolina U.S.A. | Registered: January 12, 2003
IHC President
Life Member
posted

Thanks Julian!

Looks like there is not a question we could ask that someone, somewhere won't have an answer to it!

Evidently they had a lot of old movements and found a use for them. What intrigued me about this particular one, there appeared to be useable parts left on it.

Interesting stuff!

Lindell

Wink

posted
I thought you'd all like to see another set of gold plated cuff links made from old watch movemements. These ones have movements from Imperial Watch & Albuse Watch, both old Swiss watch companies. I came across these a number of years ago in a little antique mall in the Texas Panhandle. I've worn them on numerous occasions, and they've certainly been noticed. Roll Eyes

Dave Freeman
NAWCC Member 112999
Chapter Smile124 Lone Star Member
Internet Horology Chapter Member 321

More Cuff Links

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004