Internet Horology Club 185
Illinois Marquis question

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9886009961/m/8741003262

June 26, 2007, 21:01
Samie L. Smith
Illinois Marquis question
I bought a nice Illinois Marquis a few days ago and it,s the frist one i have owned without brass and was wondering did these have black enemal filled in around the engraving on the bezel.

July 01, 2007, 08:03
Rich Kuhn
Samie,
They came both ways.

Rich Kuhn
IHC Member 155

July 01, 2007, 17:35
Samie L. Smith
hello Rich good to see you post again and thanks for the info.. Smile
July 04, 2007, 16:38
Philip Mena
Sammy
Is this Marqui a two tone? It is one of the first "curved to the wrist" watches. Also interesting hands.
Phil
July 04, 2007, 16:48
Samie L. Smith
Philip no it,s not 2 tone it,s 14kt white gold filled and curved to fit your wrist ,,it has luminois hands and dial.... Smile

I will post some more pictures in the next few days.
July 04, 2007, 17:57
Adam M. Dubin
This would look especially nice if you did fill in the engravings with black enamel...
July 05, 2007, 21:27
Rick Vess
Nice Marquis!!!

I have had a little fetish/fixation going the last few years with the Marquis (Problem? What Problem? The resident psychiatrist here assures me that I remain seemingly sane... but seeing that he has had well documented "issues" with Hamilton 2-tones, and more, I do not really want a 2nd, perhaps less biased, opinion.) Smile

I think I own or have owned a Marquis in likely every possible dial, bezel, and case color combination (white plain, white engraved, green plain, green engraved, yellow plain, yellow engraved, TT WGWE, TT GWG-Engraved, TT WGW-Plain, green plain with subs at 6, green engraved with subs at 6, TT WGWE No sub seconds). Oddly, I happen to think the white engraved bezels benefit from a little wipe of black enamel fill more than the green or yellow... not really sure why, perhaps the greater contrast ob black on white gold. One day I need to post a decent picture of my group.

Rick