Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Illinois Marquis question "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
I bought a nice Illinois Marquis a few days ago and it,s the frist one i have owned without brass and was wondering did these have black enemal filled in around the engraving on the bezel.

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
Samie,
They came both ways.

Rich Kuhn
IHC Member 155

Posts: 896 | Location: New Jersey in the USA | Registered: December 16, 2002
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
hello Rich good to see you post again and thanks for the info.. Smile

posted
Sammy
Is this Marqui a two tone? It is one of the first "curved to the wrist" watches. Also interesting hands.
Phil

Posts: 11 | Location: Whittier, California USA | Registered: November 18, 2006
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
Philip no it,s not 2 tone it,s 14kt white gold filled and curved to fit your wrist ,,it has luminois hands and dial.... Smile

I will post some more pictures in the next few days.

Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
This would look especially nice if you did fill in the engravings with black enamel...

Posts: 261 | Location: Chicago, Illinois USA | Registered: June 01, 2006
posted
Nice Marquis!!!

I have had a little fetish/fixation going the last few years with the Marquis (Problem? What Problem? The resident psychiatrist here assures me that I remain seemingly sane... but seeing that he has had well documented "issues" with Hamilton 2-tones, and more, I do not really want a 2nd, perhaps less biased, opinion.) Smile

I think I own or have owned a Marquis in likely every possible dial, bezel, and case color combination (white plain, white engraved, green plain, green engraved, yellow plain, yellow engraved, TT WGWE, TT GWG-Engraved, TT WGW-Plain, green plain with subs at 6, green engraved with subs at 6, TT WGWE No sub seconds). Oddly, I happen to think the white engraved bezels benefit from a little wipe of black enamel fill more than the green or yellow... not really sure why, perhaps the greater contrast ob black on white gold. One day I need to post a decent picture of my group.

Rick

Posts: 141 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2005