Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton's wartime wristwatches & others "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
I have a Dial No. 09 safely ensconced on my green gold filled New Square Engraved...

Posts: 261 | Location: Chicago, Illinois USA | Registered: June 01, 2006
posted
another nice one Adam.

as i become more familiar with the old Hamiltons, my desire to have an orginal dial on my sterling Grant grows more profound. when i review the exchange on the pinned thread i can't believe what a rude pinhead i was for not thanking Thomas, William and Rene enough for their fantastic comments.

i am also kicking myself because one of these original dials came up for auction in a lot and i didn't bid. ahhhh!

the picture on Mr. Roseman's site is very nice, but it is it good enough for the redial folks to use?

Posts: 39 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: June 01, 2007
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
International D. have the original dies for most of the Hamiltons, the Grant dial in question also, no doubt. I just suggested including the picture to give an idea of the luminous paint color you need for your sterling silver example.

Posts: 261 | Location: Chicago, Illinois USA | Registered: June 01, 2006
posted
cool. thanks.

Posts: 39 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: June 01, 2007
Hamilton WW Expert
IHC Life Member
posted
Brad:

The numererals on the luminous dial for the silver Grant are "blue" in color and made specifically for the silver Grant.

International Dial can refinish your dial with the appropriate color and if you have a problem, let me know, I'll email you the original dial blueprint.

Regards,

Will

Posts: 80 | Location: Carlstadt, New Jersey U.S.A. | Registered: January 23, 2005
posted
Thanks Will, i appreciate that.

i am very grateful to all those who have offered comments, suggestions and advice.

for a novice watch geek like me, this site is an incredible resource to acquire important insight.

thanks!

IHC Life Member
posted
This is Grant dial 094 done in "old radium" color --

Dan

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005
posted
holy cats! thanks!

IHC Life Member
posted
-- and the final result >>>

Dan

094-dial

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005
posted
wow. that picture has pretty much made up my mind for me.

it's bit nerve-wracking to think of sending it off, but that dial is nice.

posted
Here is special dial no. 04 for Hamilton's Cushion Form. It was refinished by International Dial several years ago.

Posts: 113 | Location: Waukesha, Wisconsin USA | Registered: September 10, 2006
posted
And here is an unrestored dial no. 03. (Now if I could just acquire no. 05, I'll be set.)

posted
For the Cushion, don't you need the 1, 2, 11, and 112 also to have a complete collection?

Don

Posts: 173 | Location: Columbia, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: July 13, 2004
posted
Yes, but for my collection, I'm trying to acquire the watches with the scarce dial versions first. Big Grin

IHC Life Member
posted
I have just acquired yet another 1940 Cushion - this case numbered H775824, to join my other two H775753, and H775829.

Does anyone have other examples in the H77xxxx number range ?

Dan.

Cushion 1940