Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Sports Memorabilia Wristwatches "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
Are these sports watches really worth all some claim to be Mine is the same as this other Ebayer and he sells this stuff all the time. Any ideas Razz

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Member 500
Wristwatch Expert
Picture of René Rondeau
posted
If those are worth $2500, I've sure been giving stuff away.... I've had quite a few Hamilton Electrics and automatics with custom Cotton Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Gator Bowl, and even one Super Bowl game dials and case engravings. They're interesting but I've never gotten more that $450 for one.

Posts: 183 | Location: Corte Madera, California USA | Registered: March 31, 2005
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Rob,

The other seller's watch is 1960 and yours is 1970, that could make a difference in rarity.

I don't understand the big deal being made about the Missouri Tigers, after all Missouri lost both of those Orange Bowl games.

In 1960 they lost 14-0 to Georgia, and in 1970 they lost 10-3 to Penn State. Perhaps its a big deal because they play in so few Bowl games? Confused

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
Hi Robert,
You might do better listing these under "Sports" instead of "Watches". I sold a Cal Berkeley Elgin that commemorated the '59 Rose Bowl but it
took several shows to get the 50- I was asking for it.

With 18 hours to go, your watch has two bids and is up to $1.27, the other watch (which starts at $2,500) has no bids. What I'm wondering is, if the seller of the other watch believes it is worth so much then why hasn't he bid your's up to say...$2?
Maybe there will be a pleasant flurry of snipe bids at the end. I certainly hope so! Good luck.
-Cort

Posts: 536 | Location: El Cerrito, California U.S.A. | Registered: October 04, 2004