Tools
Reply to Post

Dwight D. Eisenhower rolex for sale "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Member 1902
posted
Hi Peter, what a great watch to own. Although I'm not a fan of Rolex's in general this one is certainly one of a kind.
It will be interesting to see what it goes for in the auction.
Mike

Posts: 575 | Location: Walsall in the United Kingdom | Registered: December 19, 2013
IHC Member 1016
posted
Some research I ran across earlier this summer contradicts some of the claims here. First of all, Ike's watch was originally presented with a leather band. This is clearly distinguishable in photos. Next, Rolex had already developed the cyclops but a newspaper article quoted Ike as saying one tough thing about being President was figuring out which day it is. Rolex then contacted his aide and offered to service the watch and put a new cyclops crystal on it. They also upgraded his band to a gold one, but, if memory serves, it was the Jubilee band and not the Presidential as shown here. They also pointed out it would be OK for him to wash the watch in warm, soapy water as it is waterproof!
I'd love to own this watch! ($$$$$$)

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
teaser shot of what I got me watch is in service will show pictures soon not sure if I will keep it as Im the omega guy

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011