WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Horological Discussions, Questions and Answers  Hop To Forums  All Wristwatches Discussion Forum    Imperial Watch Co Harvard Timer Venus 140 (Gallet MultiChron Regulator)
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Imperial Watch Co Harvard Timer Venus 140 (Gallet MultiChron Regulator) "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1338
posted
My watchmaker sold me this one, after researching it, come to find out it's basically a Gallet MultiChron Regulator signed Imperial! According to the gallet website, Gallet had exclusive rights to the Venus 140 and sold complete MultiChron regulator watches to GP, Rolex, and others (including Imperial) Look at the dial on the Gallet MultiChron Regulator at the link below then my Harvard Dial below (The watch in the link is a 1 button but they later came out with a 2 button with this same dial)...virtually the same watch except for the markings. He cleaned it installed new mainspring and had the dial redone at int'l. (Dial was shot) I am delighted!

Gallet Website Showing This Same Dial

Here's the 1940s Flyer:

Here's My Harvard Timer:

Here's the Gallet MultiChron Regulator Movement:

Now Here's My Imperial Movement:

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
very nice watch Tom.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
Picture of Gary E. Foster
posted
Very nice Tom, thanks for sharing.

Gary

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007
IHC Member 1338
posted
Thanks, Guys...Watchmaker did a good job on it.

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
That is a beauty! What's its approximate diameter?

Posts: 995 | Location: Pleasanton, California in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2012
IHC Member 1338
posted
34MM I believe...little smaller than a Rolex

This model of gallet is interesting...Harry S Truman wore one during the war and all thru his presidency...(black dial military style one in link above) Neat history.

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com