• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Help! I need to identify a Chronograph movement + "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Here are some pictures of a Chronograph movement. It is from a Girard Perrigaux wristwatch from the 1990s. It is the module type where the Chronograph module sits on top of the main movement.

Some parts of the Chronograph mechanism are missing and I am trying to identify what the pieces that are missing look like with a view to having them made.

The pieces that are missing activate the chronograph mechanism when the first button is pressed. When the same button is pressed the chronograph mechanism should disengaged.

The return to zero via the other button is fine.

(As you know GP are reluctant to pass on spares, and even then I still need to know whats missing.

Can anyone help?

Posts: 264 | Location: Westbrook, United Kingdom | Registered: June 15, 2007
posted
Here is a picture of the existing Chronograph mechanism.

Can anyone tell me what is missing and point me in the direction of an exploded diagrame or pictures of the missing parts? A sketch would do.

A written account on how the Chroonograph is activated would help, but pictures would be brilliant.

posted
Clive

It is a modular chronograph based on a ETA 2892 variant with a chronograph module by Debois Dupraz.

Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
posted
not sure if it's exact the same but it should give you an idea what to search

faceplate off

posted
If this following link helps:
It shows the revision of a like movement (sorry in french) but look at the pictures:

fficial%26channel%3Ds%26ndsp%3D18%26tbs%3Disch:1" target="_blank">revision of a chronograph module

Gerald

posted
Gerald

This is brilliant information far better than expected. Just goes to show the value of this forum.

Kind Regards

Clive