Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton wrist information "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
I got this Hamilton wrist at a recent auction. It has the grade 982, 19j movement. I can't find a picture of it. Is there a model name for this one?

Any help would be appreciated.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Hamilton WW Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of Bryan J. Girouard
posted
The case is definitely a Norman model. Normally the Norman with applied figures has alternating numerals and dots, I cannot recall seeing one with all applied numerals before. Could be a dial from a similar-sized model, or simply a less common variation.

Bryan J. Girouard
Art Deco Wristwatches

Posts: 169 | Location: Dallas, Texas U.S.A, | Registered: March 30, 2004
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Thanks for the info guys!! I guess I have a "Norman" with a dial that may be a replacement.

One clock guy learning a little more about watches.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Tom the 982 19 jewel movement is a high quality movement (wish they still made them)) Smile

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
posted
Could also be a redial. The Hamilton script on the dial doesn't look to be original (too blocky and not well spaced).

Very nice looking Hamilton however.

Posts: 14 | Location: Richmond, Virginia USA | Registered: June 01, 2005
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Thanks Tom.
I believe you are right about that. It may be a good one for daily wear. I think I will look for a strap for it at the Great Lakes Regional.

Tom

posted
hi there....
can anyone tell me anything about this hamilton?
it's 14k white gold & has 38 little diamonds.
it is missing the safety chain.
i'd like to know what year & model it is, if anyone knows.

thank-you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 12 | Location: Columbus, Ohio U.S.A. | Registered: August 29, 2005
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
A follow up!

In an tique shop recently I found this Hamilton ad. One of the clocks featured is the "Norman"

Now I just have to find the rest of the watches in the ad.

Tom

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
CHECK OUT the alterating numbers and dots int he ad, just as Bryan said there should be. Maybe my dial is a remake or replacement.

Tom