• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton 987E "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I was told when I bought this Hamilton 987E some years back that the E stands for Elinvar.

Posts: 827 | Location: Bloomington, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 29, 2008
posted
Sure enough, the balance wheel is solid, but the spring is blue.

Posts: 827 | Location: Bloomington, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 29, 2008
posted
It must have been one of those that you hear so much about that was intentionally colored blue because people didn't have any faith in the white metal balance springs.

posted
It looks like the winding wheel is rubbing on the case a bit. I'll have to have my watchmaker look at it. Anyhow, I really like this watch!

Steve G.

posted
Here is a better shot of the dial.