Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Civic Watch Company "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Civic Watch Company

Does anyone any information on this company?

Thanks in advance

IHC Member 1193

Posts: 216 | Location: Key Biscayne, Florida in the USA | Registered: October 21, 2008
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Christian

I don't know if this could be the same but the Illinois Watch Case Company of Elgin Il. registered the name Civic for watches & cases May 14, 1926 & had used the name since September 10, 1925.

This was a different company from the Illinois Watch Co. in Springfield. In the price guide under Trenton Watch Co. it also says they made watches under the label Illinois Watch Case Company.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
posted
Christian

I found Civic as a trademark of 'Civic Watch Co. SA, Buren, Switzerland registered dec 11. 1911. They were named for watch cases, pocket watches, watch movements, dials and jewellery (maybe they were just traders?). It is said (rumour) there were connections to Omega.
Known examples of Civic watches are pocket watches and early wrist-watches ,the type with soldered-on wire lugs.

Regards,
Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Interesting how the same names show up at different times in different places.

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Thanks Guys for the information. As soon it arrives, I'll post pictures of the movement.

IHC Member 1193

Posts: 216 | Location: Key Biscayne, Florida in the USA | Registered: October 21, 2008