WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton Packard and Cadillac presentation watches "Click" to Login or Register 
Hamilton WW Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of Bryan J. Girouard
posted
The Packard Motor Car Co. often used Hamilton pocket and wristwatches for service awards.

Packard service wristwatches are found in the Langley, Webster (14K version), Oakmont, Custer, Cameron, Brock, and Donald models. I really need the Oakmont version... please folks, if you see one... let me know.

Cadillac used the Meadowbrook and Webster (gold-filled version) models.

These watches were engraved and etched at the Hamilton factory with the awardee's name as well as the company crest. While some people think a watch is devalued because of an engraving, I feel that value is added in this case because the engraving was done at the Hamilton factory and precise records were kept of the production amounts... making them a bona fide and very collectible variety.

Hamilton Langley in solid 14K white gold... presentation watch from Packard Motor Car Co., only 229 produced.

Front of watch...

Bryan J. Girouard
Art Deco Wristwatches

Posts: 169 | Location: Dallas, Texas U.S.A, | Registered: March 30, 2004
Hamilton WW Expert
IHC Life Member
posted
Reverse of Langley model...

Bryan J. Girouard
Art Deco Wristwatches

Hamilton WW Expert
IHC Life Member
posted
Hamilton Meadowbrook in solid 14K white gold and solid 14K yellow gold... presentation watches from Cadillac Motor Car Co. Only 269 produced in white and 193 in yellow.

Front of watches...

Bryan J. Girouard
Art Deco Wristwatches

Hamilton WW Expert
IHC Life Member
posted
Reverse of Meadowbrook model...

Bryan J. Girouard
Art Deco Wristwatches

Hamilton WW Expert
IHC Life Member
posted
Hamilton Webster in solid 14K white gold... presentation watch from Packard Motor Car Co., only 97 produced.

The Webster was cataloged only in gold fill, but this special run was produced in solid gold for Packard. The Webster is my favorite Hamilton wristwatch, especially in white.

Front of watch...

Bryan J. Girouard
Art Deco Wristwatches

Hamilton WW Expert
IHC Life Member
posted
Reverse of Webster model...

Bryan J. Girouard
Art Deco Wristwatches

IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Wow, what a stunning group of watches! Those factory presentation inscriptions are just too cool! Thanks for posting. Coolryan.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
IHC Member 250
Picture of Sam Hansen
posted
I wonder what kind of cars the Hamilton sales team drove??? (I'm thinking Cadillac's & Packard's) The lucky bum's.

Sam

Posts: 425 | Location: Washington State, Northwest USA | Registered: May 13, 2003
posted
I recently came across one of Walt Disney's watches... and it seems a close match to the one posted here as being from Packard Motor Company... though the ones on Walt's watch seem to have gold dials. It was in a display case so I don't have access to the back of the watch to see what engraving might exist. Is it possible that Hamilton produced other limited edition variations of the watch shown in your May 10, 2005 post? Is it fair to call Walt's watch a 1930 Langley?

Dave Mason for SaturdaysToys.com

Walt Disney Hamilton Watch

Posts: 2 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: July 22, 2016
posted
a quick follow-up... Just found this photo of Walt Disney with his 1932 Packard DeLuxe Roadster. Seems plausible that the watch might have been a "gift with purchase"??

Dave Mason for SaturdaysToys.com

1932 Packard DeLuxe Roadster

Posts: 2 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: July 22, 2016
Picture of Adam M. Dubin
posted
In a similar vein, I have an Illinois Consul with a General Motors presentation case back.

Posts: 261 | Location: Chicago, Illinois USA | Registered: June 01, 2006