Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Entering WW World "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
OK watch folk, the clock guy has dipped the other toe into the watch world. All of your discussions and pictures are luring me into the world of watches. When I bought my first pocket watch 992b, not quite right, your comments were most helpful in better understanding my new purchase.

Now I have dipped the other toe into the pond and purchased a wrist watch. How did the clock guy (or should it be - novice watch guy) do?

Stats: 17j, stainless steel case, copper washed movement #560, serial #22741540

Tom Seymour
NAWCC #41293
IHC #104
IHC Exec.V.P.

[This message was edited by Tom Seymour on May 16, 2003 at 22:59.]

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Backside

Tom Seymour
NAWCC #41293
IHC #104
IHC Exec.V.P.

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted
Absolutely beautiful Tom! Omega never built a cheap watch and they never cut corners. Every Omega ever made is a collectors item, right up to the present time. You will never regret buying quality my friend.

I can see the crown and back are especially nice, the dial, hands and markers appear flawless. The bracelet is correctly marked. There are no indications of abuse anywhere. You bought a real winner in this one.

You'll be able to wear this with pride for many years to come!

Congratulations!

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Ralph Rehner
posted
I was wondering when am IHC member would finally open up the gagage and back out a "Mercedes Benz" class wristwatch for the rest to admire. A clock guy turned novice wristie to boot. For a first time "Toe in the Pond" adventure Mr. Seymour, you have taken one quantum leap into wristwatches. Extremely clean piece you selected and I will add that it is an autowinder. Lindel is correct..this is good stuff.

As I'm sure you will learn in watch study, there is not to much higher that you can acquire without starting to break the bank. Please wait a bit before you announce that you stuck your "Toe in the Pond" again and next will be an Omega Constellation being backed out of the clock gagage.

Congratulations on your grand entry into wristwatches.
Ralph

Ralph Rehner

Posts: 89 | Location: Brunswick, Ohio USA | Registered: January 17, 2003
IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
Tom,
It just dosen't get better ( condition, condition,condition). that is a watch you can wear with convidence they are practicly indistruckable. ENJOY

Rich Kuhn

NAWCC Member 128623
IHC Member 155

rich_kuhn@email.msn.com

Posts: 896 | Location: New Jersey in the USA | Registered: December 16, 2002
Picture of Ralph Rehner
posted
Tom,
I believe that your watch has caused two of the three respondents thusfar to forget how to spell. Rich Kuhn went south after the string of "condition". Thank goodness Lindell got all the words right (probably has Dr. Debbie spell check for him). I'll see if Rich Kuhn wants to hop in the "Clock Pond" with me. Can I borrow your Seamaster?..it would lend itself well to this growing pool party.
Ralph

Ralph Rehner

Posts: 89 | Location: Brunswick, Ohio USA | Registered: January 17, 2003