• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Help w/ Hamilton Plat. Rutledge dial "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I've noticed the dial on my Hamilton Rutledge platinum watch is slightly curved on the sides and in the seconds track but the sides of the watch are straight. The numerals and hands are white so I've always thought this was original but I'm not so sure. Does anybody have one with a similar dial configuration or is this dial for another watch?

Posts: 77 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: March 21, 2005
Wristwatch Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of William J. Hansen, Ph.D.
posted
Jay, Attached is a photo of a Rutledge that I recently sold. The dial does indeed look somewhat different than yours. (Mine has evident tarnish on the rhodium plated numbers). The hands on mine are the correct hands, as far as I know. The other examples of the Rutledge that I have owned have always had a dial and hands like the one pictured below. I don't know what dial is on yours, but I suspect that Bryan Girouard will be able to identify it as soon as he gets back from the National Show.

Bill Hansen
IHC# 198
Life Member# 17

Posts: 813 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio USA | Registered: January 22, 2003
Hamilton WW Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of Bryan J. Girouard
posted
That's a "Carson" dial.

Bryan J. Girouard
Art Deco Wristwatches

Posts: 169 | Location: Dallas, Texas U.S.A, | Registered: March 30, 2004