Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

International watch dial "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Just to let you know that the e-mail address is now olddials@gmail.com

Here is a dial that I have just had refinished by them.

Before

Posts: 264 | Location: Westbrook, United Kingdom | Registered: June 15, 2007
posted
And after

IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Hard to tell from the photo, but is the chrono register set slightly off to the left of center, put a ruler over all hole centers see if they line up 100% if not will not give accurate indication. Also will the hour hand cover the "O" numerals look good.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
I agree from photo it looks like it is to the left and to high. The seconds chapter looks off a little also but not as much. Wonder if it is because of angle the picture was taken.

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Hi Rob,

I think you are correct there, the upper second dial is raised also, nothing worse than watching the hand swing in and out of registers due to poor alignment. Clive did you ask for the “water resistance” to be added its raised the Chronograph to high I would just send it back see if they can get it correct next time.
A friend ordered this new Michele watch and sent it out it was in use for several months then got returned, slipped through all quality control checks etc and being machine made you would not think possible Smile

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
posted
? Mi(t)ch's laugh o' the week ? Roll Eyes

Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
posted
Hi Folks

Sorry for not getting back sooner I really need a 26 hour day!

I think that the photo has distorted the picture of the dial. I have taken a ruler to the dial and all seems to be concentric.

Chris - I did not ask for water resistant to be added and I agree that including it has pitched the word Chronograph a little high.

The other very minor critisism that I have is the weight of the lettering for the word Pierce this seeems slightly light compared with the original.

All that said I am very pleased with the job and I think that once the hands are on these minor issues will not be quite so apparent.

Compared with the UK International dial come up tops on price.

On the Michelle watch I wonder if having the 7 instead of the 9 makes it unique or a limited edition and therefore command a higher price or more sought after by collectors!

Like stamps or coins that are badly struck....

Just a thought.

Clive