• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Patek Pihilippe Movement "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Thank you Dave and Chris for your comment. I know where you are coming from because I have been there. I now look at things differently then a person that has to be diligent about running a business efficiently. I'm old enough that I have some time to waste. I don't look at it as a waste of time for me it is more of a challenge to make something work again. If I need my Rolex oiled I will take it to someone like you because I'm not qualified to do that kind of work. Working to revive an old movement where my cost is at zero is just an investment of my time and if it happens to work out it gives me the pleasure of accomplishment. By the way I was reading about your request for old Hair-springs I have some new old stock which I would sell or trade.

Posts: 21 | Location: Denver, Colorado in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2009
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Hi Hubert, I envy your unlimited time to be able to work on watches as you please I can squeeze one of my own projects in once in a while. I have a few old cases maybe one would be a close fit, if you could get a old WW with dial we know the dial fits the case and would be easy to have the dial refinished with PP logo also the dial feet located to fit your movement the hard bit is distance between second hand and center may get a non sub dial and drill your own, you may need to send it to Leon then to have him tack a mount in to line movement to case tube, I see you have a stem already that’s good, and hands would also be easy to find. First thing I would do is clean the movement and see if it run ok.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
posted
The movement actually is starting to run as I rotate it. I'm pretty sure after cleaning and oiling it would run like a champ. My other concern is the recess and the boss on the top could that have been for a calender mechanism? I would say it is at least for a date wheel and maybe another where the threaded Boss is located powered by two gears in the center. The machining is not a problem for me because this is my area of expertise and I have the equipment to boot. Thank you for responding to my post and your advise it is appreciated. Thanks Hubert

Posts: 21 | Location: Denver, Colorado in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2009
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Thats the Geneva stop, CLICK HERE will save a lot of typing Smile often missing will work well enough without often disgarded Roll Eyes from what I can see everything else look to be there.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003