Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Mickey Mouse Watch Original? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Mark Nathanson
posted
I saw these pics and looking to buy. Saw in Price Guide and looks the same, but second hand is not MM. Is this original and worth? Advice appreciated, thanks.

Posts: 206 | Location: Northern New York USA | Registered: January 06, 2006
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Well Mark,

What you have is the somewhat uncommon "1939 New York World's Fair Mickey Wristwatch" and it sure looks right to me. Your watch conforms to the few documented examples known and it is worthwhile.

In a related topic "Let's see your Character Watches!" our 11-year-old daughter "Sparky" Ann Elizabeth shared the one in her collection. She's really into these very interesting watches!

1939 New York World's Fair Mickey Wristwatch...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Mark Nathanson
posted
Thanks, that is reassuring for sure. How do remeber all this stuff? Any idea on what it may be worth?

Posts: 206 | Location: Northern New York USA | Registered: January 06, 2006
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Values on character watches are mercurial. At times a lesser-known example goes begging and on other occasions they take off like a rocket.

Your dial looks slightly "fuzzy" in the lettering, a possible indication it was redone. Although that is unlikely I'd still want to check it out.

As to values I'd think something in the 100 area and up.

Mostly up. Big Grin

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Mark,

Nice watch! As Lindell said, it is a 1939 Mickey. The 1938 Mickey Mouse watch had the rotating disc at the bottom instead of the seconds hand and is actually harder to come across. The 33 and 38 Mickey discs are different. The one on the 38 has 1 large Mickey in the center, while the 33 has 3 small Mickeys around it. These watches, both the 38 and 39 were offered in Deluxe versions. They were also offered with "boys" or "girls" bands, the girls being harder to come across.

Adam

Posts: 311 | Location: Near Youngstown, Ohio USA | Registered: January 11, 2006