Internet Horology Club 185
My new Spaceview

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9886009961/m/7753908677

January 22, 2013, 18:20
Mike Hodge
My new Spaceview
I just picked up a nice running Spaceview today. I do have another that is in Solid Gold case. This one is 10K GF. I think I'll put a leather band on this one to dress it up a bit. What say you?

January 22, 2013, 18:23
Mike Hodge
The story on this was that the seller's father went to Viet Nam shortly after aquiring it. He took the battery out and left it home. When he returned, he intended to put a battery in, but didn't. So it's 48 years old with VERY little use.

January 22, 2013, 19:43
Tom Dunn
Nice one, Mike...looks 100%!

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com
January 22, 2013, 20:08
Peter Kaszubski
nice pick Mike.
I have a guy in town with nice leather bands
January 23, 2013, 07:35
Gary E. Cochran
Nice fine...The first Accutron spaceview I ever saw was a fellow had one that he wore in Viet Nam...I wasn't that interested in watches then but I remember it because it was a different watch..
January 23, 2013, 08:55
Mike Hodge
The first I saw was in Germany when I was in the Army. I questioned whether it was some sort of Dick Tracy Wrist Radio! I got this on ebay and you never know if the stories are tru. I'm convinced the seller was honest about it. I think they are really neat and they sure seem to hold their value as compared to most other mass produced wrist watches.
February 22, 2013, 09:02
William Thomas
I have the identical watch in stainless steel, all factory original. This is my favorite spaceview model with the chapter ring, offering the clearest view of the movement. It's my most accurate wristwatch, even with a 387 silver oxide battery. It was overhauled recently by a local Accutron wiz.
February 22, 2013, 09:10
Mike Hodge
Yes William it does show off the movement. I have not reset it and it seems to be pretty accurate. The quartz Accutron that Phil bought was my really accurate watch. Two years and it deviated by less than 2 seconds.