Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

My new Spaceview "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1016
posted
I just picked up a nice running Spaceview today. I do have another that is in Solid Gold case. This one is 10K GF. I think I'll put a leather band on this one to dress it up a bit. What say you?

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
IHC Member 1016
posted
The story on this was that the seller's father went to Viet Nam shortly after aquiring it. He took the battery out and left it home. When he returned, he intended to put a battery in, but didn't. So it's 48 years old with VERY little use.

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
IHC Member 1338
posted
Nice one, Mike...looks 100%!

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
nice pick Mike.
I have a guy in town with nice leather bands

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Member 1613
posted
Nice fine...The first Accutron spaceview I ever saw was a fellow had one that he wore in Viet Nam...I wasn't that interested in watches then but I remember it because it was a different watch..

Posts: 2004 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
IHC Member 1016
posted
The first I saw was in Germany when I was in the Army. I questioned whether it was some sort of Dick Tracy Wrist Radio! I got this on ebay and you never know if the stories are tru. I'm convinced the seller was honest about it. I think they are really neat and they sure seem to hold their value as compared to most other mass produced wrist watches.

posted
I have the identical watch in stainless steel, all factory original. This is my favorite spaceview model with the chapter ring, offering the clearest view of the movement. It's my most accurate wristwatch, even with a 387 silver oxide battery. It was overhauled recently by a local Accutron wiz.

Posts: 653 | Location: St Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: May 04, 2004
IHC Member 1016
posted
Yes William it does show off the movement. I have not reset it and it seems to be pretty accurate. The quartz Accutron that Phil bought was my really accurate watch. Two years and it deviated by less than 2 seconds.