Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Watch winder causing magnetic effect on watches "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1902
posted
I came across a self made watch winder for two wristwatches somewhere on the IHC185 site, can't remember where, and it inspired me to have a go as I have lots of auto watches but rarely use them as I can't be bothered to keep resetting them.
Does anyone know of problems occurring with magnetism from the electric motor used in a watch winder affecting the watches. Do they need to be shielded
or is there not enough magnetism produced to matter.

Posts: 575 | Location: Walsall in the United Kingdom | Registered: December 19, 2013
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
here is the link that I post on how to make one yourself very good question Mike as I was about to make one.

https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/f...6009961/m/6743956087

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Member 1902
posted
Hi Peter, that one was the one I referred to but couldn't remember where. It looks really good. I think with a bit more design work the whole appearance would be excellent.
I'm still i little concerned about the magnetism issue. Any thoughts? By the way I'm not a watch maker myself but I saw the watches you had made and I think they are great. Keep up the good work!!!

Posts: 575 | Location: Walsall in the United Kingdom | Registered: December 19, 2013
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
thank you.
the best way would be to make one and check with compass to see what will happen.
But some new watches are anti magnetic.
I also post your question on the person youtube channel so lets wait and see.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011