• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Rolex or Ingersoll or? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Can you experienced guys shed any light on the 1920's (?)ladies watch below?
The case is .925 silver and clearly struck 'RWC LTD'. Silver assay marks are unclear. The silver buckle says 'English'
The movement shows an Ingersoll wheel without a mounting screw, replacement?
The case screws don't look right but there are no signs of other case screw marks.
The dial is plain without marking.
It runs, winds and sets well.

All thoughts welcome with thanks,

Peter

Posts: 110 | Location: Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK | Registered: June 03, 2006
posted
Peter,
You need to take off the dial to see what is stamped on the dial plate.

At that age, if it's a Rolex movement, it will probably be stamped 'Rebberg'. However, if it's an early Rolco, it may not be stamped at all, The one I have is only engraved on the winding wheel and dial.
As far as I'm aware, Rolex weren't making their own movements back then, they were bought in and finished.

The original wheel if is a Rolex movement, would have been engraved Rolex or Rolco - it may have been lost or used to fake up another movement.
The Ingersol wheel is probably a replacement wheel that just happened to fit, unless Ingersol made or bought in Swiss lever movements Eek.

I sold about half a dozen Rolex movements of that type last week!
I'll post pic's of the Rolco I still have plus photo's of those I sold so you can compare.

Best regards
John Woolsey

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006
posted
Thanks John,

Look forward to your pics.

Took the dial off today, no Rebberg, Rolex or Rolco just a '56'stamping.

Peter

posted
Hi Peter,
Sorry it's taken a while to get back on this, quite a few pic's so I've put them on an image hosting site.
You can view the images as individual pic's or as a slideshow.
Some images aren't that good, but should show enough detail for comparison.
All the movements have been sold except one, so this is all the is.
I'll post shots of the Rolco later.

Best regards
John

You can access the photo's here http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/Englishlever/

Warning
If you get a pop-up stating you've won a laptop computer, DON'T click on the link - it's a con, you are required to sign up to 5x different companies with your CC details to qualify!
JW.

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006
posted
John, Thanks for you effort. They are all similar but the one feature that separates my movement is a separate plate , I think for the lever.
Maybe Rolco are different!

Peter