• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Bulova Case Opening Question "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
OK the crux is i can not seem to find a way into this thing. I wear a 4x glasses with 45x zoom lens can not see a seam, making it one piece or am i incorrect to assume so.I have tried the front to come to a complete halt. Any idea or feed back please. Francis

Posts: 375 | Location: Brisbane in Australia | Registered: January 24, 2010
posted
another

posted
front

Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Can you get nice side picture also it might be open from dial side not the back .

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
posted
Peter I took the crystal out of the front very easily, there was a sring clip just below the crystal, i thought May be the dial can be turned, which i did put a small amount of pressure on it to see if it would move but didnt want to put too much as to break it. So i backed off. The front seems to be one peice. but i will get another shot up Peter

Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
you might want to try this as well use crazy glue
get small hex screw cap and glue
to the bottom of the watch and give it a twist just to see if will rotate you can remove the glue by nail polisher but I will do this if
all other options are fail.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
posted
Ahhh Yes Paul I seen that David Abbe also done this on other watches but it didnt come to mind as i had teh 45xxoom on it and can not see any visable lines for it to be a screw back.I will give it a go later ihave the question up in another bulova website so i am hoping that since it is a bulova site some one may have this type of case and let me know..

posted
Fancis, if you turn the watch dial side down does it seem like the movement would come out from the front if the stem was detached? From your pics, it looks like it might come out from the front. Pull the stem out, and see if there is a way to detach it from the movement, they are tricky to detach even if you know what your doing.

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
posted
Ray i tried to get it out and i did, thou i snapped on the dial it did come out. Hmmm oh well one does learn from lessons. It is a two piece split stem. so now one else will have to go thru this.

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Just as a note for posterity. Wyler used the split stem also and a one piece case.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
posted
Yes well now i have gotten into the movement, our lease is over and we now have to wait to see where we are headed from here. Stay in australia or go to the Philippines for some time. it be closer to the USA to come and buy whole estates.