• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton Hastings dial question "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Has anyone ever seen this dial option on a Hastings? This is from the 1928 catalog and I also have vintage ads showing it, but I've never actually seen one with it.

Posts: 113 | Location: Waukesha, Wisconsin USA | Registered: September 10, 2006
posted
That is an interesting question. I have blueprints for three Hastings dials. They are the O17, O25 and the O29. None of them look like this dial.

I am missing blueprints for about a dozen O-series dials though. These include the O14 and the O28, which should be in this period. Perhaps one of these is this dial.

Don

Posts: 173 | Location: Columbia, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: July 13, 2004
IHC Life Member
posted
Dial 014 is described as a "rectangular strap watch. Black enamel Fancy Arabic Numerals- 2-tone silver mat finish back of numerals, brush center. Solidarity" - but alas is not illustrated.

Dial 028 is for the Glen Curtiss.

DM

Posts: 423 | Location: West Walton, United Kingdom | Registered: November 16, 2005
posted
Dan,

Thanks for that info.

I have blueprints for the O15 for the Rectangular and the O62 and O63 for the Glenn Curtis (and Webster). I'll keep an eye out for the O14 and O28.

That leaves us confused on the Hastings dial as pictured above. That is not an unusual state of mind for me lately.

Don

Posts: 173 | Location: Columbia, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: July 13, 2004
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Dan and Don,
Great info--I'm sure there will be more to come.
Tony

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
posted
Don,

Did you ever have any luck locating the 014 dial blueprint?

Regards,

Rick

Posts: 141 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2005