• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton 770 "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have Roy Ehrhardt's book on Hamilton watches, but find no mention of the grade 770 wristwatch movements that I like so well. Is there any way to find out how many of these were made, and between what years?

Steve Gossard

Posts: 827 | Location: Bloomington, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 29, 2008
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Steve,
According to Rene Rondeau the 770 movement was introduced in 1955 and continued to be made until the end of American production in 1969. I would think a huge number were made during those years.
Tony

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
posted
Don't believe serial numbers were issued for the 770's so unless a Hamilton record exists definitively stating how many were made, we'll probably never know.

Posts: 292 | Location: Vancouver, Washington, USA | Registered: May 19, 2005
posted
What is interesting is these watches have incabloc shock resistance and so were an upgrade of the 12/0 (752,3,4) movements. They were pretty state of the art.

Posts: 653 | Location: St Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: May 04, 2004
posted
Thanks very much. I think they are fantastic watchs.

Steve G.

Posts: 827 | Location: Bloomington, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 29, 2008