Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Is this an ETA movement? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi

I am new to this group and new to discussion boards in general. This is my first post ever so please pardon me if I've made an error.

This is a close up photo of a Helbros Automatic Wristwatch. I wanted to know if there is any significance to the AS initials within a shield and the number 1361 N located just below -is this an ETA movement? I am (self taught for now) trying to learn about recognizing ETA movements. Thanks

Posts: 315 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: April 07, 2005
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Hello Barbara,

It is my pleasure to welcome you aboard!

You'll find a lot of friendly and helpful people here.

That is the marking of "Fabrique d'Ebauches A. Schild S.A." of Grenchen, Switzerland.

The A. Schild name although not nearly as famous as E.T.A. and some others is recognized for high quality movements. Their products have an excellent reputation, parts and service are readily available for them.

Helboros has marketed a number of interesting watches over the years, many of worthwhile quality. I'm sure we'd all enjoy seeing other pictures of yours. Please do share them with us!

As a side note I recently acquired a box of early 1950s television station identification slides which all feature Helbros watches. Perhaps this would be a good time to dust those off and show them.

Lindell

Smile

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Thank you for the speedy input. I really appreciate it. At least now I can read up on that additional information.

Here is a larger photo of the movement - there is some mild corrosion(?) that I hope will clean up to a more presentable & acceptable condition.

Yes - now might be the time to share your slides!

Posts: 315 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: April 07, 2005