WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

730A BW Raymond, 730-30J Elgin service manual & more "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Hi all,
I purchased a 1961 service manual that has wonderful information on servicing the Elgin 730, 30 Jewel, Elgin BW Raymond RR, and more, wrist watches. this book gets better and better each time I read it. It also has a "Interchangeable Parts" list of Domestic and Imported watches.

A nice illustration of the Elgin 730 30J watch and many more.

If you are interested in any of the informaion, let me know, and I will e-mail it to you.
Right now I'm copying the book and hope to print it out. However, that part will take a while, I have to get these pages straight first.

This is one of the Illustrations.

Sheila

730 parts1w

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
posted
page2

Sheila

730 parts2w

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Where in the WORLD do you find these wonderful items, Sheila?! Eek

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
posted
Hi Mark,
I got this one on ebay and had to outbid others on this auction. I had purchased a great Solid Gold 30 Jewel Lord Elgin, and knew that having information on it would be very important to have, so I purchased this one hoping it would have what I needed.
It sure did too!!!
I thought that others may be able to use the information, and that it could be useful to the watch repairmen here.
Because it's the only american made automatic watch in America, I also thought that we should save all of the information for future use, on these scarce timepieces.
I have found that most of the great american made automatics are really trash these days, but I have purchased a couple nice ones, that I would love to have repaired.
They are certainly not rare, but most could use a good fix, and I'm all for that.
My Lord Elgin--- Not a very good picture but all I have right now.

Sheila

30js