• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Omega Hamilton and Elgin Watches "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I am trying to load photos of some watches I purchased at a yard sale. Let me see if this will work. I have some questions about fixing them up. they all run fine - but I am particularly interested in having one of the Omegas fixed up to look nice for my son. I'm planning on sending it for an estimate.
I am not a watch collector so I don't know very much about any of these. I do know that two of the omegas have bumper movements and the other two are automatic. The leather bands are all new (the original bands were either missing or worn). There is a very interesting engraving on the hamilton which was presented to T. J. Evans in 1937 "in honor of four happy years with him as sheriff." I'm wondering how expensive crystals and faces might be for some of these. I am not planning on selling them.

Posts: 36 | Location: Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: May 06, 2011
posted
first omega

posted
2nd omega

posted
Omega 3

posted
Omega 4

posted
Elgin

posted
Lord Elgin

posted
Hamilton

posted
Hamilton back

Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
generic crystals are around $10 as for dial its all depends on watch omega will cost more them elgin and you can always get non working one for dirt chip and replace dial .
BTW nice score on those watches omegas alone are over $300 each.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
posted
This might be your Sheriff T J Evans..ran in 1933, elected in 1934. Pennsylvania
Sheriff Evans

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
posted
That's amazing! How on Earth did you find that??? I am in Pennsylvania. I bet that is him - I guess he was given the watch when he left the Sheriff's office. That would explain why he was given a watch after just 4 years.
You're very good at searching!

posted
Peter - thanks for the info - so perhaps it won't cost more than the watch is worth to have one of the omega's fixed up.

Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
Jocelyn,

May I suggest our own Chris Abell for any watch work. Chris does excellent work, is reasonable and his turn around time is pretty good. Very nice find for a yard sale.. I'm never that lucky..

Bruce Byrd

Posts: 888 | Location: San Diego, California USA | Registered: December 27, 2002
posted
I've worked with Chris before and will again.

He cleaned and replaced the crystal on my dudley.

Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
My dream garage sale! Great find!

Bill Carlson

Posts: 431 | Location: Billings, Montana USA | Registered: February 05, 2007