Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Bulova Two tone "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
This is my wristwatch find at Atlantique. It is a Bulova two tone. Tha patterns on the case match the band. It shows very little or no wear. The patterns are very crisp. It runs great! Only the dial shows some age. I like the deco styles and thought this was a great look! Roll Eyes Big Grin Roll Eyes

Tom Seymour
NAWCC# 41293
IHC Executive V.P.

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
It has the 17j 10AN movement. I understand that is a fairly common movement.

Tom Seymour
NAWCC# 41293
IHC Executive V.P.

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Tom, you are killing me. I like your taste. These are some really fine watches you are aquiring lately. Than is a beautiful watch!

Aaron

Posts: 945 | Location: Geneva, Illinois in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Aaron,
Thanks!! I wore this one from the time I bought it until we got home. I really like the deco style.

Tom Seymour
NAWCC# 41293
IHC Executive V.P.

Watch Repair Expert
posted
I have one similar to it, and I think I recall mine having a cellophane cover over the movement. It may have a double-hinged case, but I can't recall for sure. If the one above has either or both of those characteristics, I'll bet it would make for an interesting photograph........

================

Steve Maddox
Past President, NAWCC Chapter #62
North Little Rock, Arkansas
IHC Charter Member 49

Posts: 618 | Location: North Little Rock, Arkansas USA | Registered: December 05, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Steve, The movement does have the clear dust cover over the movement. I am leaving town for a few days and will take the pictures when I get back.

Tom Seymour
NAWCC# 41293
IHC Executive V.P.

Wristwatch Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of William J. Hansen, Ph.D.
posted
This thread has stimulated my interest in two-tone watches. Many collectors enjoy a preference, whether it be white, yellow, pink, coral, or green gold. There are others of us that are two tone fanatics.

How about we start a thread where we post photo's and information about two tones?

Bill Hansen
IHC# 198

Posts: 813 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio USA | Registered: January 22, 2003
Picture of Stephanie O'Neil
posted
Tom,
Neat watch! Cool I've not seen or noticed two tone wristwatches. Got to have one in my wristwatch collection! Roll Eyes See what you started!!?!! Nice pictures.

Stephanie O'Neil

Posts: 1419 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana USA | Registered: April 01, 2003
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Steve wrote earlier:

quote:
I have one similar to it, and I think I recall mine having a cellophane cover over the movement. It may have a double-hinged case, but I can't recall for sure. If the one above has either or both of those characteristics, I'll bet it would make for an interesting photograph........

It is not double hinged, but it does have the clear dust cover.

Tom

posted
Very well made watch and i really like the style of bracelet, great buy there Tom.

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
I have one other two tone with the same movement. This case is nice, but not quite as crisp and grand as the other, and it lacks the band.

Tom

IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
This one is a work in progress. It is a hinged case similar to Toms Bulova. I guess you really can’t call it a two tone however the black enameling I think is cool.

Rich Kuhn
IHC Member 155

Posts: 896 | Location: New Jersey in the USA | Registered: December 16, 2002
IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
Picture Two

Rich Kuhn
IHC Member 155

Posts: 896 | Location: New Jersey in the USA | Registered: December 16, 2002