Tools
Reply to Post

Which wristwatch did you wear today? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Cool watches guys, love those skeletonized hands!! I'm wearing my 14K Accutron 214 today.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
Picture of Stephanie O'Neil
posted
With all the talk of Art Deco, I decided to wear one of mine! Not the greatest manufacture but Swiss made, I like it! Smile

Ronda, I really like your Mimo, with fancy enameled flowering!

Stephanie O'Neil

Posts: 1419 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana USA | Registered: April 01, 2003
Picture of Ronda Davidson
posted
I love the ladies watches from the 1920s and 1930s and I primarily focus on the enamels. Most collectors seem to concentrate on the men's watches, so the women's are easier and less expensive to acquire.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about watch repair. After the holidays, I plan to research classes so that I can repair and maintain my collection (which, to my husband's financial dismay, continues to grow).

Posts: 27 | Location: San Antonio, Texas USA | Registered: August 14, 2005
Picture of Stephanie O'Neil
posted
Hi Ronda,
Very nice petite LeCoultre. I love colorful watches but must confess, I prefer mens since they are larger and more easily readable. Roll Eyes Smile And, as we know, many mens watches are not very colorful and flamboyant. Smile

Stephanie O'Neil

Posts: 1419 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana USA | Registered: April 01, 2003
Picture of Matthew E. Sutton
posted
Not flambouyant or interesting, but I like it. The October 2005 contract GSAR Marathon divers watch is issue for Canadian and U.S. forces...and NASA. Tritium illuminance, ETA 2824-2 mechanical movement, and 300 Meter resistance.

Posts: 495 | Location: Kailua, Hawaii in the USA | Registered: March 14, 2005
Picture of Matthew E. Sutton
posted
Dan, that is a great watch to be your favorite.

Posts: 495 | Location: Kailua, Hawaii in the USA | Registered: March 14, 2005
IHC Life Member
Sergeant at Arms
Picture of Scott A. Whittey
posted
Ok here it is one each Swiss Fortis 30 jewels incabloc with day and date 6162M I think it was built about 1952

Posts: 293 | Location: California City, California USA | Registered: May 05, 2005
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
I wearing this one today a early Elgin ca. 1927 ,Elgin nickel silver case ,enamel dial..

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
Wristwatch Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of William J. Hansen, Ph.D.
posted
I wore this interesting Hamilton Today...

Happy New Year!

Bill Hansen
IHC# 198
Life Member# 17

Posts: 813 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio USA | Registered: January 22, 2003
posted
Normally I'd be wearing a Gruen Curvex, but today was a special occasion (not really, but I did go back to work after the holidays) so I wore my 14K white gold Waltham. Movement serial number puts it around 1917, case hallmarks are early, so it might be a genuine First World War watch. Regardless, it's a neat old piece, and very accurate too.

Posts: 267 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama USA | Registered: December 12, 2005
posted
Hi Folks,
Not sure if this thread is still on-going, but here's my old Record 'War Horse'. Done sterling sevice over the last 8 years or so during daily use & abuse. Unfortunately I carelessly grazed the crystal on the house wall today, hence the scar on the pic' ....out with the tool kit!
Regards to All.
John Woolsey.

Record Military WW

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
I am wearing my special "Longines"

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zo...e?id=40407626&size=l

Comes out of safe, once a quarter.

Roy.

"So mote it be!"

Posts: 463 | Location: London in the United Kingdom | Registered: January 11, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Today, I am wearing my Certina "Bristol 190".

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=63947079&size=l

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=63947081&context=photostream&size=l

Have been unable to date as of today?

Roy.

"So mote it be!"

Posts: 463 | Location: London in the United Kingdom | Registered: January 11, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Today.

Nice "Seiko".

Seiko

IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
I am off to a "meeting" this afternoon.

I will be wearing my lovely Omega.

Omega

IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Movement.

Omega.

posted
Yesterday (and today) I've decided to wear this solid 14K Accutron, Day/Date Model 218.
The watch has an M9 marking (1969) and I think it's a pretty sharp looking item.

I've just noticed when I took this picture that the sweep second hand is completely
lined up with the minute hand. Talk about a well timed picture Smile

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004
IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Afternoon Dave.

Not a great lover of the "Roman numeral" but looks swell on your Accutron.

Agree with you, excellent timing!

Roy.

Today I am wearing my Hamilton.

Fantastic dial.

Hamilton 1

IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
My first wristie!

Hamilton 2

IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Hamilton strap and buckle!

IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
And finally movement. Cleaned, serviced and appraised and first in my collection!

IHC Life Member
Picture of Roy New
posted
Forgot to post, whoops!

Hamilton 4