WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Need help in identifying a vintage wristwatch "Rima?" "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Here is an old watch that has seen better days and is clearly not in the best of shape. I have tried but am unable to identify the make and model as there are no identifying marks on it at all. The back is bare except for a serial number etched onto it. There appears to be two windows just below the "12", which I am guessing would be the 'day' and 'date.' Aside from the knob at the 3 o'clock position, there are two knob stubs- one just below the 9, and another at the 10 o'clock position.
Can anyone identify this?
Paul

Posts: 14 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona in the USA | Registered: May 02, 2012
posted
We need to see the movement if it's still recognizable!

Posts: 653 | Location: St Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: May 04, 2004
posted
Looks like it was dug up in the Ukraine. Eek

Posts: 785 | Location: Tijeras, New Mexico USA | Registered: July 12, 2005
posted
William, I carefully removed the clock from the housing and saw it was a Rima watch. I went online and tried to research that company but could not find anything of substance. Are they still in business? Does anyone have background on Rima?
Ernest, right idea, but this watch was found in the debris of a WWII military plane crash. Researching next of kin now.
Paul

posted
I will see what I can find out about this. Thanks for the movement photo.

posted
Can you get me the diameter?

posted
I just sold a rima chrono for 300. Many of them around, not many nice ones left.

A Swiss name that was distributed from Los Angeles during the height of the studio days, “Rima” made quite a little name for itself before disappearing from the fashion scene in the mid ‘60s. Known for its “coral” or “rose” gold case with gems for the ladies and classic Deco styles for men, Rima never chose to relinquish its love affair with the ‘30s. While it was later eclipsed by such titans as Hamilton and Waltham, Rima found a niche among the fashion conscious and cocktail set.

Posts: 5101 | Location: Buffalo, New York in the USA | Registered: November 11, 2009
posted
Thank you for the brief history, Andy. It is difficult to find much on Rima.

posted
Paul Rima had 7 different calibre movements or Ligne.....i do think that i have one of these in my collection some wheres, but do not think it is the same as yours. If u are out to fix it, i have the stem and balace staff for it... Francis

Posts: 375 | Location: Brisbane in Australia | Registered: January 24, 2010