Tools
Reply to Post

DIY watch winder "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Member 1016
posted
I think this would work OK for an automatic, but probably not for a Kinetic? The Kinetic seems to require a rapid change of direction back and forth.

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
Picture of Gary E. Foster
posted
Worth a try I think.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007
Picture of Billy Kuhn
posted
The Kinetic watch does not need to be placed on the automatic winder. It will cause the capacitor to go bad.
I took a class on the Seiko Kinetic watch. The instructor said to never place this watch on the automatic winder.
Some wrist watches will not work at all on the automatic winders. One would be the Bumper movement.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Killen, Alabama in the USA | Registered: January 15, 2013
posted
I finally built a winder, have 2 watches on it at the moment, so about how long typically does it take to give a good wind? Motor rotates at 10-12 rpm.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
I will try few hours and see if more is needed.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
posted
I tried a few watches for different lengths of time, 1hr, 2hr, 3hr and 4 hr, so far, they're all still running. Bulova,Seiko,Orient and Wyler.