Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Seiko nh35a movement time keeping experiment "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Gary E. Foster
posted
I picked up an Invicta Pro Diver, which is a ripoff of the Rolex Submariner a couple months ago. It has the Seiko nh35a, automatic movement, 24 jewels and hacking feature. I've seen some reviews about the accuracy of this movement, so I thought I'd try my own test. I set my watch with the clock here at midnight on New Year's Eve and checked it tonight at midnight 1/31. Watch has been worn every day and wound sporadically, and loss/gain has varied. I stopped it at midnight and the loss was between 39/40 seconds. Thoughts.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
bit over one second a day I can live with that
some swiss chrono have gain or lose of one sec in 24 H.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Better than my Rolex Datejust! It gains anywhere from 4 to 5 seconds a day! Eek

Regard! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
posted
Mark, if you want to trade let me know.
Gary

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Uh, let me think about that for a second....no. Wink

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
Gary,

Less than one minute in a month's time is certainly nothing to complain about. Seiko watches are usually capable of holding better than average rates and for the money, you can't beat them.

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
posted
I got this for $80, new in the box, so far so good, maybe it'll crap out, maybe not.
Gary