Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

A key-wind wristwatch "Click" to Login or Register 
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Back in the USSR, around 1925-1935 or so, the Soviet government wanted gold. It was needed to modernize the country from an agrarian to an industrial society. To this end, such things as gold watches were confiscated. Gold cases were removed and the movements placed in steel or brass cases most often of Russian manufacture. Given the popularity of wristwatches, many pocket watch movements were placed in wristwatch cases. Most often these have swinging lugs.

Posts: 1991 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
This is one of the few I have noticed with a key winding movement.

Posts: 1991 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
I like the clever butterfly key hole cover.

Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Swiss bar movement.

Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Fashionable!

Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
A place for the key:

IHC Member 1357
posted
Wow ingenius. First one I have seen. Thanks Greg

Posts: 4092 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010