• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

HAMILTON DIALS "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
A couple months ago there was a discussion in one thread about Hamilton dials with the dial model/type number printed on the dial. I couldn't find it quickly so I will start a new thread. Here's a D 70 dial that is on a Ross I got recently. The dial is slightly concave and seems to match the illustration of the Ross in Rene Rondeau's book. The case is 14k gf with a 982 movement.

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
Hamilton WW Expert
IHC Life Member
Picture of Bryan J. Girouard
posted
Yep, Hamilton's records show that dial "D-70" is indeed for the "Ross" model. Your dial is most certainly original since it bears the dial number.

The records I have show dial numbers for each dial from the mid-1920s through at least the late 1940s, including all of the grade 980 and 982 models. But I don't think the dial number appeared on every dial. It appears to that Hamilton did not begin placing the dial number on the dial until the late 1930s.

Bryan J. Girouard
Art Deco Wristwatches

Posts: 169 | Location: Dallas, Texas U.S.A, | Registered: March 30, 2004
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Bryan,
For those dials that had a dial number was the number always located at the bottom of the dial?

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003