Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Platinum Tourbillon with sapphire plates "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Jim Walz
posted
Hello all,
I don't post here often but just had to share my latest purchase with some who can appreciate it. It is a 42mm Platinum Corum Classical Midnight Tourbillon. The plates are made of a black sapphire that you can see through. Pretty darn cool if you ask me. No. 2 of 25 total production.

Posts: 427 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: April 07, 2003
IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
Jim,

That is really cool....

Steve

Posts: 1980 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2008
Picture of Wayne Hanley
posted
Jim that is certainly a magnificent watch! Can you tell us more about it. Even the trivial stuff counts.

Wayne

Posts: 370 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 10, 2007
posted
Jim,
That has to be one of the best looking watches I've seen. Love the Sapphire plates.

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
Jim,

That's really nice. You know, I was going to get one of those but I bought a Ferrari instead! Razz

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Jim a crystal plate wriswatch it,s a beauty thank,s for showing it.. Smile

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
Picture of Jim Walz
posted
here are some more pictures of my Chrostophe Claret created Corum Tourbillon.
http://corumclassicaltourbillon.shutterfly.com/

Posts: 427 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: April 07, 2003
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Jim,

I wish you hadn’t posted those pictures, now I want one, Big Grin great watch.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Jim,

Thanks for the link, even the storage box is Cool, as is the time piece!

Bill Carlson

Posts: 431 | Location: Billings, Montana USA | Registered: February 05, 2007
posted
Jim,
what a great looking watch.

I see from the price tag on your website these watches originally retailed for $166,000.00 in 2006. Since it appears you got your's recently,I assume it's used?

I've got a Corum Grande Date which has the same type of swivel lug case,this feature is very nice for a large watch.

Dave

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004
IHC Member 250
Picture of Sam Hansen
posted
I was just wondering why they would put Main jewels in a watch that has sapphire plates? Smile

Posts: 425 | Location: Washington State, Northwest USA | Registered: May 13, 2003
IHC Life Member
Watchmaker
Picture of Scott Cerullo
posted
Sam,
If they didn't use seperate jewels, the endshake couldn't be adjusted. Also, if a jewel cracked, the entire bridge or plate would have to be replaced.

Posts: 1033 | Location: Northeast Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: June 02, 2003