Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Help with this Accutron (More info now) "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1016
posted
I picked this Accutron up at an antique show today. I got home and could not find a photo of it in the Fat Book! Does anyone have any insight. I paid $25 and do not know if it runs. Assuming it does when battery is installed, what's it worth? Otherwords, did I get took?

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
IHC Member 1016
posted
Another view

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
IHC Member 1016
posted
Case back

IHC Member 1016
posted
Band seems ok but needs a real small connector for the one end. This appears to be a Dive type watch although you'd never be able to see it at 120 ft under. Claims water resistant to 200 M (660 ft). Did I buy a $5.00 gem? Or, did I do OK? Obviously, I don't know my Wristwatches.

IHC Member 1357
posted
Mike, you might type in The Accutron Watch Page in your search box.It has some pretty good info. there Regards Roger

Posts: 4092 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of Donald Trumble
posted
This is not a "Tuning Fork" Accutron such as found in the "Complete Guide to Watches" or the website Roger referenced but rather a recently made Quartz Movement watch. It is of very good quality as modern watches go. If you carefully remove the back and replace the battery it will make a nice daily wear watch.

Don

Posts: 504 | Location: Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: April 02, 2005
IHC Member 1016
posted
As Donald says, it's not in the guide, nor the website. Thanks Don. I'll get the battery replaced and it should work. I don't know where you would find links for this bracelet though. The previous owner was a little guy.

IHC Member 1016
posted
With the help of a local jeweler I was able to identify the watch. It is a 28B50 from 1997. Not tuning fork, but a very good quality quartz movement. He contacted Bulova USA and was able to locate some spare links for the band. It wouldn't fit a normal size wrist! I ordered them and the new battery has it running nicely. It's almost sad to see the apparent lack of information about these watches. I, of course, welcome any comments. As it stands now I will have what seems to be avery nice watch, for very little money. And for guys my age, 1997, is current!