Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Neat Watch "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I won this neat watch on eBay.
17j Mido Ocean Star w/ date, powerwind Big Grin

[This message was edited by Mike Nardick on July 22, 2003 at 22:01.]

Posts: 267 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Nice watch... Looks like you found your everyday wearing watch...

Wonder how Powerwind differs from Autowind?

Mike Miller

Posts: 539 | Location: Central Illinois in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
Mike I know nothing bout Mido or powerwind, is there something special with the powerwind to do?

Is Mido an OK Watch?

Posts: 267 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted
Mikes,

Mido is a high grade name in Swiss Watches. Looks like it might be from the 1970s but that's only a guess. While I'm speculating I'd go along with MikeM that Powerwind is more than likely another word for a Self-Winding or Automatic watch.

Very classy looking watch! But may I make one suggestion... before you snag your sleeve you might want to have the spring-bars attended to. They are protruding from the case and that could do some damage to clothing.

What do you think of a leather band to match the dial?

Stayin' Alive,

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Lin, thanks, I did not notice the spring bars,Thats why I bought it because of the band, I cant wear the leather strap bands, they bug me. Big Grin

Wonder if someone at the 37 mart can fix that for me for a price?
I bought it from John.......

IHC President
Life Member
posted
Mike,

If you want to send it over I'll change the spring-bars and bring it along to you at the Chapter 37 meeting on the third.

No charge, of course!

Lindell

Wink

*** Note: John may also have the right parts on hand and that would save you the postage.

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Thanks Lin, but 1 problem.
I dont have the watch yet.
John is bringing it to me at the 37 mart, Wink

IHC President
Life Member
posted
Gotcha! It takes a special type of spring-bar that has a collar on them so they do not go so far into the hole and then stick out the side like those are doing. You might want to ask him if he has them.

Make sure that gets fixed and fixed the right way in order to avoid problems.

Lindell

Wink

posted
Cool watch! Congrats Mike!

I love Mido!

Jeff Hess

Posts: 764 | Location: Saint Petersburg, Florida USA | Registered: June 26, 2003
IHC Life Member
Watchmaker
Picture of Scott Cerullo
posted
Mike,

Nice watch. I have considered bidding on Mido certified chronometers from time to time, but I was always cautious because the sellers were located in Singapore, Malaysia, etc. Was your seller from overseas?

Scott Cerullo
cerullo34@aol.com

Posts: 1033 | Location: Northeast Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: June 02, 2003
posted
Scott, No, the seller is a good friend of mine.
I viewed the watch before I bid on it.