• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Marvin Chronograph "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi all. I was wondering if some can help me with this chrono. It has a Vajoux Caliper, 23 and it dated to around 1938. It was serviced last it believe in 1947. Any help is apprecited.

IHC Member 1193

Posts: 216 | Location: Key Biscayne, Florida in the USA | Registered: October 21, 2008
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Hi Chris,

I like these, if you are looking to sell or service email me. trying to find out what model it is, is the anything under the balance cock?
when I get time later will try and identify the movement type, unless anyone can before me (Val 72 ?) Smile I may have that broken spring in stock

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
posted
Thank you Chris. Do not have this one yet. As for the broken spring, this news to me. The person who has it says that it is running.

Thanks again.

IHC Member 1193

Posts: 216 | Location: Key Biscayne, Florida in the USA | Registered: October 21, 2008
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
your hammer spring is broken, and something very odd on the hammer post.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
posted
Thanks Chris could you E-mail me with a ball park figure for a COA and the repairs?

Thanks in advance.

IHC Member 1193

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
great movement it takes someone that knows what they are doing when it comes to cleaning and repair,, ..Chris i am sure would do a good job for you..These movements were used in a lot of high grade and well know watch co.,s.. parts can be hard too find i looked for several weeks before i found a spring i needed for one of these.. Smile

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
posted
Thanks guys for all you posts. Deal did not go through. The guy wanted too much money ontop of the trade, $1350.00. Crazy.

Thanks again

IHC Member 1193

posted
Chris

Yes I agree that is by my standards here in the UK a very high price. Well left alone.

Posts: 264 | Location: Westbrook, United Kingdom | Registered: June 15, 2007